Thursday, December 06, 2007

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas!
Originally uploaded by m.Lee
To me.

The Happy Light Jon ordered for me Monday night came this morning, just in time for me to sit in front of it for thirty almost peaceful moments this morning with breakfast and (paper) journaling. This is to help treat the mixed state depression I have been going through very bad lately. Winter is rough on me. I can't take anti-depressants for a number of reasons so I am hopeful about this. It is quite enjoyable, the light itself and the routine of it could be. I haven't actually written in my paper journal since the day before I found out I was pregnant! First I was too shell shocked and then simply too sick and just out of the habit.

It was a good habit that I am going to try and get back into. It is one of the many things I am doing to try and feel better.

I have the block that can barely be seen in this photo almost completed then I have a small block to carve. Then printing. I am hoping to have all my carving done tonight. We have gotten in the routine of giving blee a nice bath then massage before bed and it is going quite well. Last night she slept her longest stretch yet, eight full hours. This after a horrible night before when she kept waking up every hour and a half or so all night. So far tonight is looking good.

Oh and I was featured on Trunkt the other day. I logged on to take down a sold piece and there I was on the homepage. This is the second time that I know of.

Trunkt Homepage 12/4/2007

2 comments:

Making A Mark said...

Whoohoo 8 hours straight! Sounds like you were due some baby downtime...Are ear plugs not allowed?

Well done on Trunkt - I'd not come across that site before. It's nice to see one which is being selective as to who participates.

Andy English said...

I think that these lights are very useful - especially for anyone in Northern latitudes. I hope that you feel the benefit of resting up a bit befo9re Christmas. I think that I have about one more week of work left before I can put down my tools and cover the press. Very Best Wishes to you and yours.