Friday, October 12, 2007

Killing Time


Progress
Originally uploaded by m.Lee
Guess I lied when I said that I would be taking a break. What can I say other than that my moods can change on a dime.

Last weekend I finished carving the large block I have been working on for what seems like forever but I was unable to do any printing. Knowing that I need a decent chunk of time to print I knew I wouldn't be able to do anything with it until this weekend. So with my free time I have kept busy by carving small blocks. The more I have to work with the better and these are fun to play with. If they work great, if not no skin off my back. The 4"x4" size is what first got my shop noticed after all. What allowed me to get all these done? A combination of blee sleeping away most of the day and having people over to clean all of the house except for the nursery and my studio. I brought blee in with me and we hung out only venturing out to change her and for food and water while they worked their magic.

Messy Studio DeskKitchen



Of course at the same time as making these pieces I have also managed to make the mess in my studio that I will need to clean (hopefully today) before I am able to print. Suddenly what a few months ago was the cleanest and most organized room in the place is the biggest mess. But it has been so much worse! Things are still organized outside my desk area.

It is 12:30am and I should be sleeping but after taking a two hour nap after Jon got home I have a bit of energy to burn. But am burned out on carving for the time being. It is funny how even when she is good blee is still quite exhausting.

4 comments:

stilettoheights said...

I am glad you have been able to be productive like this!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you to be back working. So glad that you got someone in to clean and freed up time for yourself. Motherhood is a consuming process, you still are an artist and a person beyond being just a mom. Wonderful that you have not lost that part of yourself.

Marilynn

jen said...

i would so eat off your kitchen floor! it looks clean as a whistle.

Nora said...

Your artwork and its process looks so intriguing to me! I was reading one of your posts about your kangaroo yogurts and the place where it is made is only about 10 miles from where I live! What a small world. Good luck with printing Marissa!