Monday, June 04, 2007


Summer in the City - NFS
Originally uploaded by m.Lee
Summer in the City

I'll never sell the original but I now have a quality reproduction of it up on Etsy. Being able to share it while keeping this for myself makes me happy. I know I have probably done plenty of pieces just as good as this one but I just have such an emotional attachment to this piece I can't part with it. I love the shapes, the shade of orange with the hints of purple peeking out in key areas. Orange and purple is my favorite color combo after all and I think I pulled it off flawlessly here. I'm happy to be able to share it with people a year and a half after I originally made it.

I sold my first two reproduction prints to a fellow artist. She made a note in the sale that she hoped to be able to afford an original soon. She was a longtime favorite of mine so we worked out a trade. It was fun for both of us. I'm looking for art for the babies room and I try to trade art instead of paying with money whenever possible.

Do I go to NYC next weekend? I want to but it sounds so exhausting at the same time.

No comments: