Tuesday, May 15, 2007

back in the studio


Swirly Tree with Swirling Leaves
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
Swirly Tree

I really like this swirly tree print from last week. It is the standout print from that printing session. As my energy fades and my soreness increases my print sessions are getting shorter and happening less often.

Finally working on the Periodic Elements project print today, I have been a baaaaad girl and have neglected it for far too long. It is due at the end of the month and I want mine to be good so I had better stop slacking so badly and get cracking. I don't know what is up with me and art project deadlines, but I have a really hard time with them. Right now I have a bunch of pill shapes drawn onto a block and I am about to start carving them. The print will probably be two to three layers with the pills printed either once or twice followed by a final layer with the element information and a battery. I'll probably try it both ways and see what looks best.

I'm having a very difficult time eating lately. My stomach is almost always tender and/ or acidic and as a result I just dont enjoy food at all anymore. I have to force myself to eat things and I often don't bother. As a result I get very tired on top of the soreness and that often leads to me feeling a bit apathetic about things. I feel rather checked out right now. The weekend was fun but physically very draining and now I have a ton of cleaning to do. My studio is a total disaster and the house isn't much better. Maybe this iced coffee that I am currently drinking will help perk me up a bit.

2 comments:

Elin said...

This is beautiful!

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Thank you elin. I liked this piece so much I turned it into my Etsy avatar. This piece is on its way to the Netherlands now. Bon voyage!