This is one of my experiments. The background is a monotype that didn't work as a stand alone piece, but I didn't want to toss it. So I printed this woodcut on top and suddenly it is beautiful. Works well with the delicacy of her form.
Last week I ordered a bunch of printmaking supplies. More wood and ink, but also materials for monotypes and collographs. I am pretty excited. I learned a lot from working with Sarah on Friday and was very much inspired. My pure abstracts still need some work but I am working on them and that counts for a lot. I am very excited to get my orders in. I hate the waiting!
Today I am tearing up some other "failed" monotypes to print on top of later today or tomorrow. I should set aside a large block of time and do some chine colle prints as well. Somehow I feel inspired but pretty blah about actually doing the work. Maybe I am just lazy today.