Wednesday, September 27, 2006


Poppies in the Mist
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
recently listed

I am feeling down. Even though I love this piece the joy it brings me is fleeting. I don't know what I want to do next. I want my supplies to arrive for me to play with, maybe that will help me. Collographs sound so much more exciting to me right now. I should carve a new block or work on that big block that I started last week but I can't seem to make myself get started on either. I don't know anything new to carve and I don't feel like working with my old stuff. I want to use the coral block again soon and do something totally different with it. Being an artist today is no fun. It is stressful and hard. I am starting to get nervous about the JP Open Studio's this weekend. What if it doesn't go well? What if my work pales in comparison to the work around me or my display sucks because I don't have a lot of money to invest in display? There are a lot of "what ifs". I am wound up and can't relax, maybe writing this out will be cathartic in some way. But it seems to just be winding me up further.

No comments: