Friday, September 01, 2006


Favorite Tools Closeup
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
The piece I put up yesterday sold yesterday! This is great news because I could really use that money on some new wood!

Pictured here are my beloved Flexcut tool set next to my other favorite tools. Maybe I am just a geek, but I get excited looking at them and imagining all that I could do with them. To me they are beautiful and infinitely interesting because they have the power to let me do so much.

I still haven't decided if I am going to NYC this weekend, I have four tickets reserved for me at the MOMA this weekend and next regardless. She said it was easier that way. If I get my magnifying glasses today I will probably want to stay home and carve all weekend. If I don't then not much other than my own stubbornness is keeping me here. I am really in the mood to stay home and do a lot of carving.

That pattern block I linked to yesterday is done now. One 22"x28" inch block carved and ready to go. What I am working on now is drawing out key blocks to go with it. These will be the shadowy female forms with the wild hair that I scanned and posted from my sketchbook. I have one drawn and plan on drawing another one while I wait for my magnifying classes.

Went to the bookstore and picked up a book on bipolar disorder and the artistic temperament called "Touched by Fire". At least I am in good, albeit troubled, company. I will be spending some sit down time reading that today once I get some other things done.

No comments: