Wednesday, September 06, 2006


Closeup Carving
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
These work in progress shots are probably getting a little old by now? But they are what I am up to and they are important and interesting to me. I am taking a break from the large fern carving and working on a small carving of some flowers. I decided to start these now because I feel the need to focus on some detail work. I am feeling mentally scattered, agitated and angry and I need something calming in my life. For right now this works quite well. When I start to feel out of control I put on my magnifying visor and carve some tiny lines. These require extreme focus on my part so all other thoughts and feelings are pushed aside for the moment. The feeling lasts for awhile even when I stop carving. I expect to be doing this on and off all day.

No comments: