Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A mess, but a productive mess


Messy Work Desk
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
I am almost done with this block and I am seriously loving how it is turning out. Sometimes I just run my hand across it lovingly. I can't wait to see how it looks printed. I haven't had this much fun carving or been this excited a bout printing a block in a long time. I am proud of the mess that I made carving it yesterday and am about to add to that mess.

While I am tempted to just print it right away, I plan on waiting until I carve a key block to print on top of this one. Sure, I could use my fish block and I plan on that, but I want something new too. But that shouldn't take too long to carve. My goal is to print by tomorrow evening. I really hope that I make that goal! I need to stick with my schedule.

I have had a rough couple of days this week but I have managed to keep doing my writing, sketching and carving so I am proud of myself.

Hopefully I will have new prints to show off soon! This blog has been seriously lacking in new art for too long now.

No comments: