Friday, August 25, 2006

Experimentation


The Sea is Vast
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
for sale on Etsy

My first finished piece in about two months and boy is it different than what I was doing prior! It still has my signature use of color and layering while being experimental and different. I am quite pleased with it and pleased with myself for taking a risk with this piece. I don't care if it sells or not (well maybe I care a little) because I had a great time making it and am pleased with it. It did feel good to list a new piece just as it feels good to blog a new piece right now.

Originally it was going to have a forth layer with something less abstract. But once I got to this point I knew that it was done. When I have that feeling it is best to just go with it and stop. I

I still have my ink out and a bunch of printing to do. I need to raise my press rollers so they can take the thicker shina wood and add layers to those coral prints. I have two colors out already so I will be doing at least two colors. Maybe a forth color this weekend depending on if I want one or not.

1 comment:

Ellen Shipley said...

I like the bright colors of this. 8-] The blue and the ocre are especially nice. Glad you're back at it again.