Thursday, August 24, 2006

Breakthrough!


Inked Coral Woodblock
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
After two months I have finally broken through my printing break and am printing again. It was tough and I didn't get going until 3:30 but I am very happy with how this block is inking up and printing. The dremel marks are rather shallow and I have to be careful about letting them fill in, but I am very happy with the organic feel of this block. The success printing so far is making me excited to continue. It is still a bit difficult getting back into the groove of printing, but I plan on printing a minimum of two colors today. Not quite how I was doing prints from start to finish on the same day before, but I am not a factory any longer! Plus I would like to do a bit more key block carving before I add that final layer.

No comments: