Friday, April 23, 2010

Outdoorsy

I haven't been feeling all that well lately, but that tell that to Alex who won't slow down for a moment. In ways it has been good that she won't because it forces me out of the house and in the sun. We go to the playground a lot where she runs around like the crazy kid that she is for an hour or two. Even though it does exhaust her naps are still a huge struggle these days. So I end up with a tired and cranky kid on my hand.


We've been going to the park that is closer to us partially because it requires less walking but also because I cam easily fade and be anti-social there. I'm less likely to run into somebody I know and the people that go have no interest in making small talk with me.

The kids are sweet though and Alex follows the older ones around like a puppy. She would make such a wonderful little sister. The kids play with her and generally keep an eye on her because they are older and want to act more grownup. I still have to watch her like a hawk but more to keep her from getting into things. I also have to watch the gates as kids tend to go through and leave them open. The kid seems immune to injury.

Today I am going to the other playground as we have lunch plans with a friend that lives around there. Plus I need to get my blood drawn as the lab lost mine.

Hope everybody enjoys their weekend. We want to go somewhere tomorrow but don't know where.

3 comments:

T.Allen said...

I can't believe how grown up bLee is! She's her own little person, hello, Alex! Have a great weekend, Marissa.

jen said...

how in the world did the lab lose your blood? lol

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

She really is growing up in so many ways.

Somebody suggested a vampire raid Jen. Can't say I'm thrilled with the idea of a vial of my blood unaccounted for. What if somebody uses it to clone me or something? :P