Friday, April 09, 2010

Babysitter has an iPad

Splurged and got an babysitter so we could finally go to Ten Tables, a resturant that is considered on of Boston's best and happens to be in our hood. Oh my was it fabulous! I got ricotta pasta with miyatake mushrooms and Parmesan rRggiano as an entree and Jon got herb stuffed roasted chicken. I tried both and couldn't decide which I liked more. We both won. I think I won for dessert, at least in terms of uniqueness. He got excellent warm your soul bread pudding with house made ice cream. I got chocolate mousse that could have been pretty standard fare but they dressed it up with peanut brittle and a touch of some fancy sea salt. Made for a very complex tasting experience. It was on the verge of being too rich but so interesting I loved it.

Then we got home and the babysitter showed off her new iPad. Rut oh! Jon went into this other world while he played with it for a few minutes. Willpower needed. We'd want a 3g one anyhow so we're safe for a little while.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you wanted to say we got a babysitter-not an iPad :)

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Thanks for catching that! I believe babysitting is one thing that at least the 1st Gen iPad cannot do.

Unknown said...

This is such an exquisite photo, what a ball of joy and light she is. :) I can't wait to get up to Boston soon. There's nothing like a night out to eat on a warm spring evening. Kudos to getting the babysitter!

Serena said...

Sounds like a wonderful date night (im a big fan of salt on chocolate!). Also sounds like babysitting pays very well!