Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why thank you App Store!


iPhone doodle
Originally uploaded by mLee*
My iPhone and I are best buds, we are quite literally attached at the hip. It has been a life changing product, and I don't say that lightly. My name is Marissa and I am a bit of an AppAddict. I'm constantly looking for the ones that will somehow complete my phone and quite possibly my life.

And this Brushes one is just one of those life changing near perfect apps. I just ponied up the five bucks for it the other day and it is true love. But what makes it even better is pairing it with other well matched apps such as the accurately titled Awesome Note.

I am a bit of a computer art flunkie. It is hard to get more old school than woodblock printmaking and moving my vision into the computer has never gone well. Not that I am making any masterpieces on my phone just yet. But this is intuitive to use and I find it easy to make something quickly and it either works or it doesn't. And fixable. The layering of colors and the spontaneity of it does work with my style.

And then comes in the note program. I have used it for awhile to replace the junk native note app and I am always looking for new ways to use it. This time I added a folder specifically as an Art Sketchbook for me to post these images plus write any text along with them. Loving it! This morning I did a quick Brushes doodle and then imported it into my Awesome Note Sketch Journal and wrote about the experience.

Everything is super low resolution so nothing is going up on Etsy, Artfire or any wall. But what does that really matter. There is more to art than making a product. This forces me to focus on the process part more than I have in a long time.

Now I just need a good app for blogging from my phone!

No comments: