Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My year


Circle Collage
Originally uploaded by mlee.etsy.com
This AM I but the finishing touches on this most trying of pieces. All the bits of paper that had refused to bend to my will did in the end in this piece that pretty much sums up my past year. Bits and pieces of a trying but passionate year all thrown together in a quilt like collage. I always wished I had the sewing abilities for quits so here I am doing my own take on them. Making this piece in the passion with a baby literally strapped to my back while I created it.

I have this block that I started over a year ago that remains unfinished and I do not know what to do with it. To be perfectly honest. It reminds me of a more innocent time in my artistic life where I shrived for simpler things. Now with this work half unfinished I don't know if I should continue with it or move on.

All I know is that I have a huge body of work from the years to draw upon.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

i havent been here in a while. it was nice to catch myself up. and i know you LITERALLY did have a baby strapped to your back. how much longer can you do that? is she getting heavy?????q

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

As long as I can I guess. She's 23 lbs and needed my attention right then as I felt inspired to work. I plan on doing the up and down toddler stage like this and not anticipating putting her in a stroller anytime soon.