Thursday, November 20, 2008

Printing Again


After Dark
Originally uploaded by mlee.etsy.com
Yep, today and yesterday I printed a total of two layers of color on about thirty sheets of fine Japanese paper. Hopefully this weekend I will finish them off and have some brand spanking new work to show off. Hot off the presses.

Until then I will keep my shops on Etsy as well as my new shop on Art Fire
updated with pieces from when I last printed along with renewing older listings. But I have some exciting stuff coming, I'm feeling excited about my work again for the first time since probably April or May. That is when I really lost it.

Speaking of Art Fire, it is this great up and coming site for selling that reminds me of how Etsy used to be. I signed up for it last week and think it has great potential. And the best part is that for $7 a month for life I can sell as much as I want and pay no fees! I joined Etsy in November 2005 when it was about the same age as Art Fire is now and the wow feeling I had with Etsy back then is back with Art Fire. Etsy has (mostly) been good to me and I have no plans of leaving the site anytime soon. But there are a lot of problems that I don't expect will ever get addressed so a fresh start is nice. This holiday I will be keeping a presence on both sites.

3 comments:

Justin Miller said...

I'm off to check out Art Fire. Thanks for the tip. Are you the only printmaker on there now?
Can't wait to see your new work. I too am just breaking out of a creation funk.

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Last time I checked I was the only printmaker on Art Fire, but I was one of the first printmakers on Etsy as well three years ago.

Michelle Brunner said...

I can't wait to see your new stuff! I hate art funks..I had one a bit ago also...feels so good to finally break free of one:) I will have to check out art fire- I have noticed a couple of other people are on there. Keep up the great work!