Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend Shenanigans


Newport, RI
Originally uploaded by mlee.etsy.com
Welcome back! Hope everybody reading had as glorious of a weekend as we did.

Friday was our 6th wedding anniversary and we went to a little Italian place in the North End of Boston, while a friend of ours watched our little one. It was fun pretending to be free adults again. My main was kind of disappointing and even had to be sent back and redone only to disappoint a little less. But it was good enough that the grilled octopus first course I had more than made up for it.

But honestly the real fun happened on Saturday when we drove to Newport, RI and walked around town and then did the Cliff Walk and looked at some mansions that had dining rooms over twice the size of our entire apartment. The gilded age indeed! Driving down there was a beautiful sight filled with trees with leaves changing every shade in the yellow, orange, red paintbox. Newport was a zoo with tourists like us, but it was worth it. After we eventually found parking we went to a local place and got some lunch. Blee has been eating more and more and growing taller and taller lately. I enjoyed my first lobster roll only to find out what it cost about $5 more than I had anticipated! At least it was good.

Then we drove to the shore, parked and did some walking. Other than blee refusing to nap because daddy was being sooooooo funny it was the perfect day. I think this is the best weather I have ever experienced in my life. I really wanted to go to the local Arboretum on Sunday, but I was just too exhausted and barely made it to church.

with our little "buddy"

img_7249.jpg

Take care, hope you enjoy your day. Mine got off to a rough start with blee waking us up at 4am. But things are better now.

5 comments:

becca.elpy said...

Well, Happy Anniversary, lady! :)
I saw the pics on Flickr. It looks lovely. The weather this weekend was great for outside activities.
And I don't know why anyone would think blee was a boy.

Michelle Brunner said...

Sounds like a great weekend! The weather was pretty amazing everywhere I think:)

Giftbearer said...

Sounds like a good time overall. I've heard octopus can be tough so I've never had the guts to try it. Lobster roll sounds delicious!

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Thanks!

And this octopus was one of the most tender things I have ever eaten, it just melted in my mouth. It has to be done just right or it gets rubbery. I've had bad octopus before and it is totally different.

Jon refused to try it. He won't eat calamari either.

bria said...

gorgeous pictures! love your blog :)