Sunday, May 11, 2008

My First Mother's Day

Hope the mother's reading this blog had a great day and that the sons, daughters and partners were able to appreciate the mother's in their lives.

This was my first mother's day, even though last year while I was pregnant I did get a mother's day blessing from a gas station clerk while driving back from Brooklyn.

It started on Thursday when Jon surprised me with this incredible bouquet of fruit flowers. He told me later that he basically could have had the whole thing dipped in chocolate for an additional fee if he had clicked a button but I am glad that he didn't. There were more than enough chocolate dipped strawberries to keep me happy for days. Yum!

After church we spent Mother's Day at the Arboretum in JP having our first picnic and it was just wonderful. We picked up sandwiches from Ula and walked around looking for friends who we never did find. But that is okay because we had a lot of fun watching blee try to eat grass. This was really her first time exploring nature and it won't be the last. She was so much fun and being so cute. We are loving that she can sit up now!

First Mother's Day

First Mother's Day

I have new work made and coming into my shop as of Friday with new pieces added each day. Keep checking for new additions, including a creation from my latest block. More printing to follow soon hopefully as I still have a number of partially finished prints in various colors. They just need that final layer or two.

First thing on Sunday I finished hanging my show at Ula. These final five pieces took about half the time to hang as the first six. It went very smoothly and the work will remain at Ula at 243 Armory St. in Jamaica Plain until sometime in June.


new prints

Artwork at Ula

6 comments:

Hobocamp Crafts said...

Congrats blee on sitting up! I've always wanted one of those fruit bouquets -enjoy it yum! I'm only 11 weeks pregnant- but still received a few Mother's Day greetings too. Looks like you had a great day!!

Rosebud Collection said...

What a beautiful baby..so glad you had a great day..The picture is lovely and the display great..
Happy Mother's Day...

stacey said...

that fruit looks delicious!!

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

The fruit was incredible.

Congratulations on the pregnancy! You are in for a wild ride. :)

MayRae said...

What a beautiful bouquet for Mother's Day. Your daughter is beautiful, so much fun to come as she grows more and more.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mama!
Sounds like you had a wonderful first.