Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Being Thankful


Thank you!
Originally uploaded by mlee.etsy.com
Feeling overwhelmed and needing to take a step back. This is about all I have energy to blog about right now. But I wanted to do this and to thank my readers, my customers and my friends for being there. I try to do the same.

What are you thankful for this Thursday? It is Wednesday night here and I am thankful that I got done some of the more mundane tasks that I have been putting off today.

Now here is my list for the week.

Things done:
1) packed and shipped orders
2) took cat to vet
3) spent $200 at vet on treatment and meds
4) dragged 14lb overweight cat back home in carrier while wearing 20lb blee
5) rescheduled dental appointment
6) called about getting a pet sitter in June (expensive!)
7) walks
8) house cleaning
9) got meds refilled ($60 ouch)

Things to do:
1) tidy studio
2) print
3) sketch (whoops)
4) sleep better
5) relax
6) fast (no meat until June)
7) waste less time
8) treat cat with meds until he gets better

3 comments:

Andy English said...

Your things do do list seems awfully familiar - just substitute walking the dog and looking after the chickens for caring for the cat. I wonder how we get anything done sometimes. I start the day with a "to-d-list" and try to make some progress with it before I start in the studio. At the end of the day I revise it and... it seems to have grown.
As always, Marissa, I love the images you share with us.

Anonymous said...

good job--the "done list" is longer than the "to-do" list!

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

I have a dog to walk too! But it doesn't really feel like much of a task these days as I enjoy getting out with her and the baby in good weather. Ask me in March and I will say something totally different.

And my done list is only shorter because I decided that things like hanging a dark curtain in the nursery so blee can stop taking naps in my studio on my husband's list!