before and liked it, I just kept forgetting to bring out the needle and thread and do it again. This time I had my composition all laid out without it but something was missing. So I dug around for my monotype printed and drawn bags and cut out a strip from it and then got out some thread and a needle. This time it is on an 8" x 8" gallery wrapped canvas. Once I stitched the strip to the backing woodblock print. From a woodblock print that almost worked but not quite, but I knew I wanted to keep it mostly intact like a stage for the rest of the image to come. Then I got out a brush and some gel medium and got to collaging.
I don't know how I managed to pull this off in between a troubled teething baby, but somehow my drive overcame and I used every moment of peace I had making this. I even did some of the sewing while I had her sleeping in one of the carriers against me. Very carefully of course! All sorts of materials are used in this piece. I'm putting together what I am learning about collage more and more along with the growing collection of sketches on various bits of paper. Some of these sketches get directly collaged, while others get burned onto a Gocco screen and printed so they can be collaged in multiple colors many times.
The day started off pretty rocky as expected after the Sunday night implosion. But it improved over time and ended up being not too bad. Especially for a Monday!