Monday, February 11, 2008

Winner!


365 Sketch - 12/365
Originally uploaded by m.Lee
First, I would like to thank everybody who participated in my little Valentine's Day contest. I gave everybody who commented or wrote me a number and then picked a number at random.

The winner has already been sent her lovely prize.

I have a lot of information to go through as there were so many great suggestions. Apparently I need to get started carving some monkeys and Ron Paul along with using more metallics, bringing back monotypes, and working in black and white.

monotype setup

pulling a print (ahahahahahah)

365 Sketch - 11/365

paper bag art

For now the one I listened to was the one that I had been planning in the back of my head for awhile. I think the suggestion was just the push I needed to get back to trying monotype printing. This isn't easy for me and once again I was pretty disappointed in how my prints turned out on the bright white extra fancy Arches 88 printmaking paper. I had a bit of extra inked area off to the side so I threw down a brown paper bag that I had doodled on the other day.

I liked the prints on the bag better, enough that I did more just using bags to print on. Well, with a couple of ACEO blanks filling in the tiny spots.

Once it dried I did some drawings on a couple and learned that while drawing overtop works, especially if the monotype background is lighter, that it is best to do the drawing first. The thicker parts of ink don't take ink very well. So you might expect to see me drawing on paper bags a fair amount in the future along with seeing these bits finding their way in my collages.

No comments: