Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Time?


She Speaks to Nature
Originally uploaded by m.Lee
Where is it going to? Because I seem to be losing all sense of it. I completed this piece on February 21st, five days ago tonight. Yet it feels like it was something I did ages ago.

I'm tired, so very tired. And I am sick with a cold round two just after recovering.

I was waiting to write the perfect post about what went into this piece but life just kept pushing it aside. Now nearly a week later and it still hasn't been written. But I love this piece too much to ignore it and not share it here in my blog. So much of myself went into the creation. Images taken from various sketches, block printing, gocco, collage and even some drawing and painting all dancing together on the stage of the canvas. They work together to hopefully create a vibrant and complex yet well balanced piece. Collage challenges me in a totally new way.

blee is good but very snuggly and needing to be held so she can nap and not get cranky. This is good in the sense that it encourages me to go outside and go on long walks. But creatively it is taking a toll on me. I am just very overwhelmed and can't focus on art or anything related to it. She is nearing six months now and just had her visit with the pediatrician. My little chunk is still under twenty pounds, weighing in at nineteen pounds and one ounce. Not too shabby! I'm pretty impressed with myself for being able to walk around with that kind of weight strapped to my front for multiple hours. My feet give way before my back does.

365 blee 27/365

rasberry gnome hat

nice day for a walk

I hope this post finds you all well. I'm sorry for being so terrible about blogging and keeping my shop updated lately. I don't know what is the matter with me. Writing this has been incredibly difficult tonight. Please bear with me while I sort some things out.

Goodnight and good morning.

5 comments:

LaPellaPottery said...

My heart goes out to you. Hope you are feeling better soon.

tatsuko said...

Thanks for sharing that. Sending some positive vibes your way ☺

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Thanks. I am doing better and trying to get the most out of my day today. The weather is better than expected so that is something to take advantage of.

We'll see if she explodes again around five like she has been lately. That is when things really go downhill for me.

CopperSpringsLeather said...

(((hugs))) this too will pass

Anonymous said...

When you are feeling down about the things that you feel like you haven't done, try to focus on all of the wonderful things that you DO everyday. Even the small things can be important...a walk with your baby is time well spent!