Thursday, June 14, 2007

Doh!


Wine Goddess
Originally uploaded by m.Lee
This piece is long since sold and I would like to start offering it as an 8.5"x11" reproduction. But after messing around with the image on my computer a bit last night before bed I am not sure if that is possible. Because of her hair. The original is 11"x15" and my scanner is 8"x11.5" so in order to get this image I scanned it one half at a time and then pieced it back together using photoshop. I did a pretty good job but if you look closely right under her breasts you will see that the hair does not line up perfectly. This image wouldn't work regardless because it is set to 72dpi and a printout from it would look like poop. But I do have the original half scans and tried putting it back together and while I was able to do a pretty good job, good enough to post it on the internet, I was not able to do a good enough job to make something to sell to people. All that hair is really unforgiving. A piece with less going on would be so much easier than this one! After I have had some tea and feel less groggy I am going to mess around with it again before I throw in the towel. Maybe some photoshop guru could fix all my lovely yet troublesome ladies in exchange for a free one of their choice?

While I was in Staples picking up paper and packing supplies I noticed that they had the book What to Expect When You're Expecting near the registers. That struck me as rather odd. As a pregnant woman I would never think to myself that I should go to an office supply superstore to pick up a book on pregnancy. We also went to Best Buy to look at digital camcorders and I picked up a copy of Trainspotting because I have been itching to rewatch that movie for months now and might as well own it. "Perfect Day" by Lou Reed had played while we were eating at Chipolte beforehand and that pushed me over the edge and I just had to get it. We'll probably watch it tonight. What ever happened to Lou Reed? He released one absolutely brilliant album after the VU broke up and then went to total crap from then on.

3 comments:

stilettoheights said...

to answer your question about what ever happened to lou reed...

the answer...heroin.

sadly...

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Are you sure? It is my understanding that he did it throughout the VU and Transformer years and is clean now.

Making A Mark said...

Actually Lou Reed was making a personal appearance on a TV near me last weekend. Looked and sounded fine.

He's on the road again playing concerts in Europe and London with "Berlin" - see this BBC news item