Monday, December 04, 2006


City on Fire
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
City on Fire
Overgrowth

Woke up to a sale this morning. The buyer wasn't just a person but a collection so I am assuming that my art is going to be some sort of collection. It is a UK buy so I have to walk it down to the Post Office, which I will do right away. I have three pieces to mail. Sales are pretty good but I have to work my butt off to remain visible. I will be on Etsy Showcase for a week starting on the 7th and that will give me added visibility every day. I don't think I could have picked a better time to be part of the Showcase (I didn't pick the time an Etsy admin assigned it and I lucked out). The 12th is supposed to be the biggest online shopping day of the season. Unfortunately most of the money that I am earning is going to go to taxes, not fun stuff. That is a bit of a bummer. But it is nice not having a totally empty Paypal account anymore.

The wood that I ordered before Thanksgiving should be arriving today or tomorrow. I don't really have time to do much work on it yet. Too busy printing new pieces. Sometimes I wonder if I have too many pieces in my shop and buyers have a "kid in a candy store" dilemma and can't decide what to get. But I can't stop making art. I am just careful to only put my very best up. I should actually probably remove some older pieces that I am not all that into anymore. They were good enough when I initially listed them. but now they don't quite meet up to my high standards. I still haven't finished editing the last two pages of my listings to v2, I promised myself to do that before my showcase feature.

3 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Diane Cutter said...

Congratulations, Marissa... That's wonderful news! And that print is gorgeous!

Cynthia said...

Congrats Marissa! That's terrific news...I love your prints!