Friday, November 03, 2006


Portrait Commission - white lines
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
I have been slowly working on the portrait commission that I got last week (yay!). Today I finally was brave enough to start carving. I am so obsessed with making this perfect and making my customer as happy as possible that I can't help but hesitate. This morning I did the basic outlines of the figures and I think it is a good start, but this is the easy part. Making the right marks to round out the faces is the real challenge. I haven't done a portrait in awhile so I am understandably nervous. But the last one turned out very well and I have better tools now and my skill has grown. This will be great! I am very busy tomorrow, but I should have some time Saturday night and Sunday afternoon to work on it. For now I am going to take a break and play some Valkyrie Profile 2. Then maybe do my work out for the day. I haven't done that yet and I feel guilty.

Etsy Version 2 was supposed to go up on Monday, but the admins had to postpone it a week and I am kind of bummed. I have been waiting for this for so long and it is already a bit on the late side for the holidays. It is going to be great though! I will happily pay the slightly higher fees.

No comments: