Tuesday, October 10, 2006


Poppies
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
recently listed

I should be cleaning right now, but instead I have been doing anything but. I made a stack of prints including a bunch of mini prints yesterday using a 4" scrap of paper. I am trying to make larger scale work, but I didn't want to just waste the paper.

Another thing I have been doing to avoid less than fun tasks is experiment with a pronto plate lithograph of my cat. Pronto/ poly plate lithography is a relatively new technique that uses plastic sheets, it didn't even exist when I was in college. This is my first time. My focus in college was lithography, something I haven't been able to do since. Good thing I think I am a lot better at woodcuts than I ever was at lithography. I recently inherited some litho inks and dug up my greasy litho crayons and did this quick drawing. I should probably do some cleaning before I set up to print. I need to tear paper, lower the press roller and see if this old ink is still good. It hasn't been used in years and has a lot of gunk on top, but should be good underneath.

No comments: