Tuesday, October 24, 2006


Bamboo 75% finished
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
Birds in Autumn

Up early this morning and working on art. I already have a piece listed and this block of bamboo is nearly finished. I am kind of dragging on it now because I know the next step is to tear paper to size and I so don't want to do that today. I don't even feel like printing, but I am curious to see how this turns out. I am not feeling very artistically energetic today. Yesterday when I got the idea of bamboo in my head I just dove right in and didn't stop, now I can't seem to help but stop. Today I want to be a painter not a printmaker. By that I mean i want something different and challenging. I ordered a book on pronto plate lithography, so hopefully I will have better luck with that. And as soon as I can take a class in monoprinting I will. I need something fresh and inspiring. I think part of the problem for me is that I feel that the Cityscape Dawning piece is a masterpiece. It is easily in my top three and it is hard to top. Everything feels like a let down next to it.

2 comments:

Colin Darke said...

I am really excited to see the final print--very cool composition and image so far

Diane Cutter said...

Marissa, this is a great composition with intriguing cuts. I'd love to see this printed by itself as well as with your signature layering...