Thursday, September 07, 2006


90%
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
The last two days I have had this incredible drive to work. Yesterday I carved until my left hand hurt, I stretched it out and carved some more. Today I feel this extreme pressure to get this block done as soon as possible so I can have it done and work on that other block some more. I want them both done today. Then I can clean my studio, prep some paper and hopefully print like a maniac tomorrow. I have plans and focus and I want to use them before I lose them. The only reason I am stopping now is because I was starting to make carving mistakes. I don't make carving mistakes often at all, they were all fixable but I want to calm down a little before I continue.

Yeah, I am probably hypomanic and overall it is very good for me. Sure sometimes I feel like laughing and crying at the same time but I am getting stuff done! Not only did I carve a lot yesterday, but I wrote a lot, read a lot and drew some pretty promising sketches. New ideas that maybe I will actually get to someday! I have so many on my list! I felt so good that I started jumping up and down to loud music at one point. This whole blogging thing is not helping me wind down, I think I am going to go for a walk instead.

I will have lots to post tomorrow!

No comments: