Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Vacation(s)?


Blackbirds at Night
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
for sale on Etsy

I care less and less about Etsy. Art still means the world to me but bothering with that site has become increasingly difficult for me. Time for me to run off to NYC to spend most of the week with one of my best friends. Go to museums and galleries may be what I need right now. Plus I really miss her!

If that doesn't cure me, there is a good chance that J and I are going to be spending much of next week in a beachside villa in St. Martin with his boss (who will give us plenty of space) and his children. We have a very good relationship with him. All we have to worry about is getting me my birth certificate in time and airfare. Everything else is taken care of, his boss is even a very good cook. If NYC galleries to bring back my creativity maybe lying on the beach will.

An owner of an start up gallery contacted me the other day and wants me to apply to show there as early as fall. Sent pictures of the space and everything. I need to clean up my resume a lot but once I do that I am set. We spoke and he is very enthusiastic about my work being a good fit.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I haven't visited in a little while, Marissa, but was sad to hear that you're depressed. You're a talented print maker and artist and I think you will make a good decision based on your inner gut feelings. Maybe Etsy has run its course and it's time to move on. Gallery representation would be great for you.

I hope you have a wonderfully restorative vacation and you find the answers you're looking for!

Diane Cutter said...

What great news on the gallery. It was bound to happen because your work is so good. Selling over the internet can be very draining, taking away from creative time... Have a wonderful, relaxing time in St. Martin. It's a beautiful place!

Anonymous said...

Marissa-I want to start out by telling you I love the new piece!
Have a wonderful vacation; I am sure it will do you a world of good.
I too suffer from depression and I am going through it right. I know what is triggering it but I have no control over the circumstances. I will just need to get through it.
I am so happy to hear about the gallery offer. New doors will open and you can leave other things behind.
Have a great vacation!!
Pamela