Thursday, July 06, 2006

Been awhile...


Glow ACEO
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
$5 ACEO

It feels like forever since I blogged last. I just haven't been feeling all that artistic or motivated to do anything art related for the last week. I am going to try my hardest to pull myself out of it and work on more (larger) monotypes like this one here. It is a big departure from my typical pieces and has potential. I should be really motivated to explore this further, but I am not. Feeling like this really worries that I am going to get stuck long term. I miss the creativity and artistic energy that I had for so long so much. For now I am going to clean my studio then tear some paper so that I can print. I am low on monotype paper and may go get some...

4 comments:

Cris said...

I know exactly how you feel. I've been their that's how I got started blogging. An opportunity to challenge myself to be creative. I don't believe being force to create is the best avenue but it got to a point that I had to get myself creating again before I gave up entirely. I have to say your work is beautiful and if you are having a creative block or lack of inspiration, I'd say it happens to the best of us. Give yourself some time and then put yourself to the test. It will all fall into place in time.

Cris

Diane Cutter said...

I think the non-art times are important to our creativity also... kind of like trees in the winter... come spring they are in full array again. Making art is like that: we have the low, quiet times and then we have the bursts of brillance.

Shopaholic D said...

funny...i've been in the same lull. gotta get myself in check though, i have a craft show this weekend at an indie event...argh! so much to do!

:) Diana

PS check out the contest on my blog if you get a sec....winner gets free personlized, handmade, indie designer stationery!

m.Lee said...

It seems that a lot of people are hitting a lull right now. I am working on getting it to pass. This is a difficult time of year for me. Thanks guys.