Monday, June 12, 2006

Fall Tree


Fall Tree
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
for sale on Etsy

This print is up on Etsy; it is another one that I am going to have a hard time parting with. But rather than keep it in a portfolio I want it hanging on somebodies wall somewhere! I want to keep it because I love it, but I also want to sell it because I love it and want it to be enjoyed.

The South End Open Market yesterday went well. All the stores I checked were out of folding tables, i worried that I wouldn't be able to attend. But somebody brought a table for me to use and I was saved. It was a long day and while I did fairly well I don't think I will be doing it again unless I can get a spot during the weekend of the South End Open Studios when people will actually be shopping for art. There were a lot of browsers yesterday and not a lot of art or people looking for art. It also wasn't the hippest crowd.

More than the sales I enjoyed making a few artistic contacts at the Market yesterday. There was a surprising number of young printmakers wandering around. Of course they had no money to buy but it was great talking with them and hopefully they will contact me through my website. I gave one girl a free pin and she just thought I was the greatest for that little act of kindness.

Hoping for good sales this week. Last week was pretty good toward the end of the week.

No comments: