Thursday, December 01, 2005

My replacement press bed arrived and I got my press working last night. I did a bunch of printing. I worked on the edition of portrait prints that we will be giving out to family for Christmas and I worked on some more personal work as well. I printed the first layer of my largest print yet. The ink is a little uneven, but I think that is more due to the ink distribution than the press, and since it is such a pale color that will be underneath so many other it doesn't really matter regardless. I am really loving using the press now, I wonder if this will ever wear off completely.

Here are some photos of my process.


I love how jewel-like the ink looks on the slab. Some of that quality does remain after printing if I am lucky.


The press makes these large prints so much easier to do.


Many prints all at various stages of completeness. Nothing here is finished yet.

No comments: