Monday, December 08, 2008

Goodbye


with great grandma
Originally uploaded by mlee.etsy.com
Jon's maternal grandmother passed away yesterday. He will be traveling to the funeral in Ohio on Thursday and be getting back Sunday. I am grateful that she was able to meet her only great-grandchild twice before she went. She was 89 years old and will be missed by us and many others. This is my first time caring for Alexandra on my own for an extended period of time. I'm very lucky to have such an involved partner.

I know I should be working my butt off on Etsy and Art Fire right now, but I'm not. Today was a busy morning and I just got home and I am spent.

Yesterday I had fun playing with monotype printmaking. Layering colored inks on a plexi plate and removing parts to form a multi colored image. I learned that I need to replace my Hansa Yellow because some air got in and ruined it and that I need some practice. But I had a good time and I learned how easy it is to cleanup these inks compared to oil which makes it much more doable during daytime naps when she could wake up at any moment. It was great to make something without regard for it being perfect or worthy of selling. I tend to get caught in that trap and I broke free of that last night. I expect to be doing more of this whenever I have the chance this week. It is nice to get a break from the normal and safe woodblock printing.

Also, in case you missed my post from the weekend I am going to repeat myself because it is important to me as I worked very hard for this.

Hi. If you were referred to Art Fire by me please send an email to Jessica Johnson and let her know. There has been some sort of bug and none of my referrals prior to today went through.

Thanks and have a great week. I'll be back tomorrow or Wednesday hopefully.

3 comments:

Ann-Marie Dewhurst said...

So sorry to hear of your loss xxx

I love mono printing..it so quick and productive isn't it? I'm hoping to get set up in the new year to do more printmaking. You hit the nail on the head though...I'm totally tied by space and naptimes!
I'm really liking Artfire, thanks for posting about it! xx

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

thank you.

Mariss said...

Sorry to hear about your husband's grandma passing :( That's awesome that she got to meet her great-grandchild though!