Wednesday, December 13, 2006


Packages to Mail
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
Sales are going so well for me lately. On Saturday two blog readers came over to look at my prints and ended up buying five of them. Since they are both artistic I invited them to come to my printmaking workshops. There is forming quite a list of people that want to go, more than I can handle at a time actually. I am going to have to put some people on a waiting list.

Yesterday was my last day on Etsy Showcase and was the last day for orders to get to their destinations on time using USPS first class mail. As a result I ended up with a record sales day. People were buying in multiples, I think v2 encourages people to do that since they don't have to wait for an adjusted invoice.

Yesterday I discovered gapingvoid: how to be creative
and I have been reading it and finding it quite inspiring. I even printed out the list and taped it above my desk. It pushed me along to finish the drawing part of my whirlygigs block and I have started carving it today. I would like to get a good amount done on it today and tomorrow before my trip to Florida. I applied to a gallery that a LJ contact referred me too. I am pretty hopeful about it. I also treated myself to a fancy brayer from McClains that I have been eying for ages. It should be here by the time I get back from Florida.

Speaking of Florida, last night I showed Jon how to send out orders for me while I am gone. I don't expect a lot of sales that week because holiday shopping is basically over and I won't be listing more than once a day. But just in case I would like to be able to have things shipped. From now until the 19th I am upgrading all orders of $30 or more to Priority Mail (domestic only) and all orders of $50 or more internationally.

4 comments:

Making A Mark said...

Hugh's good at making you stop and think. I've got his widget on my blog and always stop to take a look at what he's saying now.......not always about art of course - but that's not always a bad thing!

have a nice holiday.

Alexis said...

I love, love, love Gapingvoid, and artists with generous hearts like yourself!

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Thanks!

Diane Dehler said...

The wine goddess is beautiful.