Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Favorite


Relaxing $30
Originally uploaded by m.Lee.
for sale on Etsy

This is my favorite from Saturday's batch of prints, I just adore it. Right now I love it and want to get it out to a good home, but sometimes I want to raise the price so it is less likely to sell and I can keep it. It is interesting that this very blue piece appeals to me so much. In the past I only used blue to make others happy and to break out of a color rut. But this time was different, I did it for me and felt comfortable working with the color and I think it shows in the results.

Lately I have been in a bit of a format, design rut. I am sketching a lot and really looking at the world. With Jon out of town I have a lot of time to take walks and look at things. I have some new designs and new formats (not 6"x6") in the works. I ordered some supplies to experiment with monotypes some more. Hopefully I won't start a fire this time! No burning candles in the studio ever again, no mater how stinky the smoke from downstairs is.

2 comments:

Dancing Leaves said...

An apt title. It's calming and refreshing at the same time. The different transparencies (of the leaves)just draw you in. Love it!

Ellen Shipley said...

You in a rut? Inconceivable. ;-]